The Constitution defines the objects of the Federation by clearly specifying all the entities that form the Federation, their function and scope.
Some of the salient points of the Constitution are:
- To unite the four Regional Associations and work towards encouraging, promoting and protecting by lawful means the interests of the Hotel and Restaurant Industry and raising the standards of the Industry both at home and abroad.
- To consider policies, guidelines, legislations, bye-laws and regulations that affect the Industry and discuss with Government authorities and initiate, support or oppose by lawful means such legislations or regulations by various means.
- To advise and inform members about national and international matters pertaining to the Industry and disseminate stastistical and commercial information through surveys and research. To print, publish, circulate, papers, periodicals, books and other literature conducive to advance the interests of the Industry.
- To assist in affording training facilities for Hospitalty Personnel and for that purpose to promote and run a Hotel Institute.
- To convene national and international conferences in the interest of the Hospitality Industry and organise meeting to enourage friendship between members and to discuss questions of current importance.